British wine critic and Master of Wine Tim Atkin presented his fourth annual report on Chilean wines last March. To prepare his report, Atkin made a three-week visit to Chile, toured dozens of wineries from the Elqui Valley to Chiloé, met with numerous winemakers and producers, and tasted 1.189 wines.
Also in March, the prestigious publication Wine Advocate by Robert Parker launched the report on Chilean wines prepared by Luis Gutiérrez. After tasting more than 700 wines, the Spanish critic risked it with a promising title: Chile: 2018 - The Best Vintage of the Last 20 Years? Of course the Koyle wines were evaluated by both professionals, obtaining outstanding ratings.
In his report, Atkin points out that “Chile’s wine industry, despite all its trials and tribulations, is in a very good place right now. There have never been so many talented producers, so many wine regions, some of them yet to produce their first grapes, so much excellence, showcased by the superlative 2018 vintage. However hard it may be, Chile should look to the future with confidence, convinced of the world-class quality of its best wines”.
Tim Atkin MW ratings for Koyle
- 94 pts Cerro Basalto Cuartel G2 2017
- 93 pts AUMA 2015
- 93 pts Cerro Basalto 2017
- 93 pts Koyle Royale Carmenère 2017
- 92 pts Koyle Royale Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- 92 pts Koyle Costa Pinot Noir 2017
- 92 pts Koyle Costa Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- 92 pts Koyle Cuvée Los Lingues Carmenère 2018
- 91 pts Koyle Don Cande Cinsault 2019
Luis Gutiérrez (Wine Advocate) ratings for Koyle
- 95 pts Cerro Basalto Cuartel G2 2018
- 95 pts Cerro Basalto 2016
- 94 pts Auma 2015
- 91 pts Royale Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- 91 pts Gran Reserva Carmenère 2018
- 91 pts La Flor Costa Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- 90 pts Royale Carmenère 2017
- 90 pts Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2017